Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sassy, Single, and Satisfied

I've been recommended a book by Michelle McKinney Hammond: "Sassy, Single, and Satisfied." I'm proud to say that I'm coming to terms with my singleness as a blessing.

I mean, think about it. I don't have to think twice when I want to move here or move there - I can go at my leisure anywhere I choose without someone checking up on me. If I want to buy something, I don't need someone to tell me one way or the other if it's in "our" budget. If I'm making dinner, I don't have to make more. LOL

I have constant conversations with God. I don't think I've ever talked to Him as much as I do now. I thank Him for another day of life. I thank Him for my family and friends. I thank Him, too, for those who may have hurt me before, but I've found forgiveness and release. I thank Him for school, work, and my support group at church.

My recovery: I meet weekly with a bunch of great women, good Christian women, for an hour. We are working through a program called "Celebrate Recovery" - it's a Christian-centered recovery program. 

It's hard being single. The world tries to tempt us with sex: we see all kinds of ads for online dating, condoms, testosterone enhancers, etc. But I've already learned my lesson: I can't confuse sex for love. Sex is just sex. Love is eternal and holy, and in Him alone. I need to care for myself and protect myself from the temptation to want to seek relationships built upon sexual intimacy as the focus.

I'm 35 and becoming sassy, single, and satisfied. I feel like I can take on the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment